Current Students

Academic Information

Will the University of Houston accept credit from my current or previous institutions?
The University will evaluate transcripts from US accredited institutions and give credit for coursework that is equivalent to UH courses. See Credits and Transfers for more information regarding transfer credit.

I am a current student and want to change my major.
You must meet the minimum requirements for the Cullen College of Engineering and a petition should be submitted. All petitions will be processed at the end of each semester. 

Other Information
- Engineering Academic Policies
- Advising Information

Mechanical Engineering Graduate Program

Interested in the UH mechanical engineering graduate program?


For More Information (Undergraduate Studies)

Dr. J.R. Rao
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
University of Houston
N207 Engineering Bldg 1
4726 Calhoun Rd
Houston, TX 77204-4006
Campus Map

For More Information (Graduate Studies)

Cecily Smith
Academic Advisor III
Mechanical, Aerospace, Space Architecture, and Subsea Engineering
Phone: 713-743-4505
Fax: 713-743-3722
Email: megrad [at]

Dr. Li Sun
Admissions Director of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Program Director of Subsea Engineering
Phone: 713-743-4509
Email: subsea-advisor [at]

Olga Bannova
Space Architecture
Program Director and
Research Associate Professor
Email: obannova [at]

Campus Map