The Mechanical Engineering department offers various scholarship opportunities to current and incoming students to the college of engineering. These wide ranges of scholarships are to be awarded to our prominent students who meet the qualifications to help meet their educational needs. The eligibility requirements for each of the scholarships are listed below.
- Scholarship recipient must be a full time student
- Scholarship recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Scholarship recipient must be pursuing a degree that is beneficial to Chevron business and must demonstrate knowledge and interest in Chevron and energy industry.
- Scholarship recipient who will need sponsorship to work now or in the future must be pursuing a PHD.
- Scholarship recipient must have a minimum of 1 noteworthy achievement/recognition (Dean's List)
- Scholarship applicant must be in top 10% of their college.
- Scholarship recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
American Bureau of Shipping Scholarship
- Undergraduate students must be full-time students in pursuit of a degree in a relevant engineering field (i.e. Mechanical engineering, naval architecture, marine engineering, and offshore engineering). Graduate students pursuing relevant engineering or architectural degrees are also eligible for consideration.
- Students pursuing degrees outside of the ABS core disciplines may be eligible with consideration by appropriate ABS personnel.
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence by having maintained a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Students must demonstrate an interest in the maritime and/or energy business. Students should exhibit leadership qualities through involvement with school programs or clubs.
- Students should be of good character and should be acknowledged by members of the university faculty.
To be considered for a scholarship offered by the Mechanical Engineering department, please complete the online scholarship application.
The UH Cullen College of Engineering offers something that the most engineering college around the country do not — an Engineering Career Center devoted to finding you a job, internship, fellowship or other career opportunities 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To learn more about career opportunities, co-ops, internships, workshops, on-campus recruiting events and much more, please visit the Engineering Career Center Website at career.egr.uh.edu.