To create a meaningful, fundamental and rigorous engineering educational experience so that our graduates are self-learning professionals who can compete in a global marketplace.
The University of Houston BSME program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
To produce graduates who are able to secure, to maintain and to change professional employment or gain placement in post-graduate education, if and when desired.
To expect all BSME graduates to have:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering;
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- an ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability;
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams;
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems;
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility;
- an ability to communicate effectively;
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
- a recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning;
- knowledge of contemporary issues;
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice;
Student Enrollment/Degrees Awarded
|Degree||STUDENT ENROLLMENT FALL 2016||Degrees Awarded ACADEMIC YEAR 2016|