To create a meaningful, fundamental and rigorous engineering educational experience so that our graduates are self-learning professionals who can compete in a global marketplace.
The University of Houston Mechanical Engineering (BSME) program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Program Criteria for Mechanical and Similarly Named Engineering Programs.
Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years of completing our program, graduates will
- secure, maintain and change professional employment or gain placement in post-graduate education, when desired.
- continually challenge themselves to increase their intellectual breadth and depth by pursuing post-graduate education, professional certifications, on-the-job training, or self-study.
- have a strong sense of ethics and economics that guides responsible, safe, and dependable decision making in support of the public good and natural stewardship.
Students in the UH Mechanical Engineering Program are expected to attain:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
|B.S. in Mechanical Engr, BSME||985||943||1071||958||1011|
|B.S. in Mechanical Engr, BSME||204||216||246||199||179|