Transfer of College Credits

Students who have taken 15 or more credit hours at another institution are considered as transfer students. Evaluations of transfer work are made in the Office of Admission, usually after students are enrolled and complete transfer records are on file. The application of transfer credits toward a degree at the university cannot be determined until the transcript has been evaluated and a degree plan made. Prospective evaluations, based on unofficial transcripts, are done for counseling purposes by the Office of Admissions or the Engineering Dean's Office.

Former students should notify the Office of Admissions of any schools attended since the last enrollment at the University of Houston, submit transcripts, and request an evaluation of credits.